Statutes of Limitations for Filing a Claim in the State of Arizona
Counsel from a Proven Phoenix Personal Injury Attorney
Personal injury suits in Arizona are subject to a number of different statutes of limitations. These are time limits in which one can file an injury claim and are used primarily to limit fraudulent claims. Arizona, and all states, use these time limits to avoid suits in which plaintiffs may have waited to file until an opportune time and seek compensation they may not truly deserve.
However, these statutes can have a significant effect on legitimate claims, as well. Once the time limit has passed, that means the injured parties cannot pursue the compensation they need in civil court.
If you have been hurt and need to expedite the process of filing your claim before time runs out, then we urge you to call us at Jones | Raczkowski today. Our skilled and knowledgeable legal team has streamlined the filing process for countless clients and ensured that they and their loved ones have every legal opportunity to seek the restitution they deserve.
Contact us at (602) 842-6297 to speak with a dedicated Phoenix personal injury attorney ready to look out for you.
Statutes of Limitations in Arizona
Like many other states, Arizona's statutes of limitations for civil injury suits vary. Many of them are categorized by the kind of injury sustained, or other circumstances surrounding the accident.
- Arizona's statutes of limitations include:
- All personal injury claims: two years from the date of injury
- All wrongful death claims: two years from the date of accident
- Uninsured motorist claims: three years from the date of collision
- Underinsured motorist claims: three years from the date of collision
- Dog bite claims: one year from the date of the incident for "statutory strict liability to apply"
- Claims against Arizona government entities: one year from the date of injury (with a filing of a Notice of Claim within 180 days of the incident)
Many of these time limits may seem forgiving—a few years is a lot of time to file an injury or premises liability claim. However, many of those injured are surprised at how quickly this time can pass. Following an injury, there are medical, professional, financial, and familial matters to attend to. By the time these matters are handled, you may have a very narrow window of time to properly file a suit.
Do not let this window of time pass you by before you get to pursue the compensation you deserve. Call us at Jones | Raczkowski to start the filing process today. We can jump start this process for you and give your case the best chance of being properly presented—and won—in court.
Contact us or fill out our free case evaluation form today.